전주한옥마을

모바일
가장 한국적인 도시, 전주한옥마을

이용안내

홈 > 이용안내 >
Jeonju Gyeonggijeon
[Historical Site No.339 1991.01.09.]


Gyeonggijeon was built in the 10th year of King Taejong(1410) in order to enshrine the portrait of King Taejo after Joseon was established. The place where the portrait of Taejo was enshrined was called Eoyongjeon, Taejojinjeon or other names but it was designated the name Gyeonggijeon in 1442 (24th year of Sejong). After that, Gyeonggijeon disappeared during the time of Jeongyu War which occurred in the 30th year of Seonjo(1597), and then was rebuilt in the 6th year of King Gwanghae (1614) in November. Gyeonggijeon has beautiful surrounding scenery and is a popular location for the filming of dramas and movies.

 Viewing Hours: 10 am - 6pm year round
 Admission Fee: (Jeonju citizen) Adults 1,000 won / Youth Students 800 won / Children 500 won (Outside Jeonju) Adults 3,000 won / Youth Students 2,000 won / Children 1,000 won
  * Free admission on Culture Days, the last Wednesday of each month.

Jeonju Jeondong Catholic Cathedral
[Historical Site No.288 -1981.09.25.]


Built from 1907 to 1914, the Jeondong Catholic Cathedral is the cradle of faith, preserving the place of martyrdom. It is said that the cornerstone of the cathedral was a stone from the broken wall of Pungnammun, an execution site. This is one of the best examples of cathedral architecture in Asia with the first Romanesque style in the Honam region that maximizes the beauty of curves and the beauty and grandeur of the Byzantine style.

 Open Hours: 9 am - 5 pm (excludes mass times)
 Admission Fee: none

Jeonjuhyanggyo Confucian School
[Historical Site No. 379-1992.12.23. ]


Jeonju Hyanggyo was founded during the Goryeo Dynasty, and the current building was built during the reign of King Seonjo of Joseon. In the center of Daeseongjeon Shrine are the memorial tablets of the 5 saints: Confucius, Yanzi, Zisi, Zengzi, Mencius. With Daeseongjeon Shrine in the middle, Dongmu and Seomu are on the left and right, Irwolmun is in the front with Manhwaru in front of it. Myeongnyundang Lecture Hall is between the back wall of Daeseongjeon Shrine and Jangseogak Library; Gyeseongsa, Yangsajae and Samajae are to the west and surrounding them are buildings such as Gyojiksa.

 Viewing Hours: 10 am - 6 pm
 Admission Fee: Free

Jeonju Pungnammun Gate
[Treasure No. 308-1959.12.18.]


As the south gate of the four main gates of Jeonju Buseong, it was built by Choi Yu-Gyeong, the governor of Jeolla, along with Jeonju Buseong in the first year of King Gongyang of Goryeo in A.D. 1389. It burned down in the 43rd year of Yeongjo of Joseon (1767) and was rebuilt by Hong Nak-in, the governor of Jeolla, in the 44th year of Yeongjo (1768). It wasn't constructed with 3 stories (as it had before the end of the war) but was contracted to how it looks now and was called Pungnam Gate from this time. In 1905, due to the order to destroy the fortress by the Residency-General of Joseon, three out of the four major gates (except Pungnammun Gate), were removed at the same time. Currently, it is located in a significant location connecting Hanok Village and Nambu Market.
Omokdae•Imokdae
[Jeollabuk-do Monument No. 16-1974.09.24.]


Omokdae is where Lee Seonggye conquered a throng of Japanese raiders, returned with triumph with a sound of victory, and held a feast as they returned to Gaegyeong. This is where Lee Seonggye read the poem Daepunga, written by Liu Bang who founded the Han dynasty, to express his ambition to establish his own new country. A monument engraved with Gojong's handwriting is erected in Omokdae and Imokdae, and a monument house is built here.
Hanbyeokdang
[Jeollabuk-do Tangible Cultural Property No. 15-1971.12.02.]


Hanbyeokdang is a pavilion carved out of the cliff of the head of Balsan, the foot of Seungamsan Mountain. It is called Hanbyeok Cheongyeon and is known as one of the eight sceneries of Jeonju. Hanbyeokdang is a scenic spot that stands out not only in our hometown but also in the Honam region. As a place where poets and artists visited frequently, many poems have been passed down here and you can see the artistic style of this time. Hanbyeokdang comes from the phrase Byukok Hallyu and is thought to be given by a descendant.
Hagindang
[Jeollabuk-do Folk Cultural Property No. 8-1976.04.02.]


Baek Nak Joong, a disciple of the Confucian scholar Jo Kwang-jo of the Joseon Dynasty, started construction of Hagindang (main building) in 1905 and completed construction after 2 years and 8 months in 1908 with 8,000 palanquins worth of construction expenses and 4,280 people. It is a building that shows the traditional Korean construction techniques and became more famous as the shooting location of the drama Mister Sunshine (2018). The fourth-generation descendant of Injae Baek Nak Joong resides here and runs a Traditional Culture Experience Facility to inherit and spread our traditional culture.